5 Important SHRM & HRCI Certification Updates
Published by Admin on
Is receiving a human resource management professional certification on your list of New Year’s resolutions? Whether you are new to the field or looking to gain advanced HR qualifications, there are SHRM and HRCI credentialing updates to be aware of.
- With the beginning of the New Year, the stage of “grandfathering” non-SHRM human resource credentials to SHRM’s Competency Model-based certification has officially ended. After January 31, 2015, candidates interested in becoming SHRM certified professionals are required to take the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification exam.
- SHRM offers two testing windows: one in the spring and another in the winter. Exam fees start at $300, but vary depending on whether an applicant is an active SHRM member.
Visit https://www.shrm.org/certification/apply/pages/applicationprocess.aspx to learn more or to apply for an exam.
- The HR Certification Institute™ recently added the Associate Professional in Human Resource (aPHR℠) certification, an entry-level certification for HR professionals, to their list of offerings.
- HRCI emphasizes the importance of setting new human resource professionals up for success in their careers through continuous education. This exam serves as a foundation for the other six more advanced qualifications in the human resource arena offered by the institute.
- Those transitioning into the HR field and wanting to receive the aPHR certification are only required to have a high school diploma or equivalent to qualify. HRCI currently has a special offer for a pilot program before the official test rolls out in April 2016, saving applicants $200 in examination costs.
To learn more about this certification and how to apply, visit http://www.hrci.org/aphr.
Get more articles like this one delivered to your inbox.
Join the thousands who receive ERC's weekly newsletter to stay current on topics including HR news, training your employees, building a great workplace, and more.
Tags: Certification, HR, HRCI, SHRM, Workplace Policies & Practices