Winter brings a lot of things we find hard to embrace: snow, cold weather, taking 10 minutes to bundle up for the cold, and more snow. But with all of the hassles of winter, it also brings along something we can embrace: the holidays!
The holidays are a great way to bring your office together and celebrate through gifts, contests, food and decorations.
Here is a list of 29 ideas for your holiday office celebrations.
- Have employees decorate their office door and have a contest among everyone
- Host an office potluck
- Holiday office bingo
- Get an Elf on the Shelf and have the elf leave small gifts for different employees each day
- Decorate your cubicle and have a cube contest
- Host a hot chocolate bar with different toppings
- Have fun pizzas in the shape of Christmas trees and have employees decorate the trees
- Make it a family affair and bring in a Santa for the employee’s children
- Host a bake-off among all the employees
- Rent a photo booth for your holiday party
- Incorporate a charitable cause and donate gifts from your organization, such as Toys for Tots or Trees for Troops
- Organize a white elephant gift exchange with your employees
- Shoot a holiday video with employees to share with your customers - Don’t have a camera lying around? Use your smartphone!
- Have employees bring in their favorite cookie and have a cookie tasting
- Host an ugly holiday sweater day at the office
- Set up a holiday card exchange for employees
- Get your employees together to watch a holiday movie, like A Christmas Story, and make popcorn and hot chocolate in the office
- Get employees together and do some caroling around the other offices in your area
- Surprise unsuspecting people that you see at your office on a weekly basis with a little gift, such as the UPS driver that is always bringing packages to your office
- Do a craft with your employees like you did in grade school, such as snow globes made out of baby food jars
- Get the office to decorate a centralized Christmas tree in the office
- Play a game of minute to win it: holiday edition
- For smaller offices: get everyone a stocking to fill with gifts
- Organize a snowman building contest
- Put marshmallows into a large jar and have all of the employees guess how many are in the jar- the employee closest to the exact number will win a prize
- Buy some wrapping paper and bows and cover your artwork in it to make your office look more festive
- Decorate your office windows with spray snow and have your employees write holiday messages to each other
- For the New Year, have your employees write down a prediction for the upcoming year and create a time-capsule. Open it up with your employees 1 year later and see who was right
- Give employees company logo items, ranging from clothing to mugs, as a thank you for their work this year
View ERC's Holiday Practices and Paid Holiday Survey Results
These surveys report on which holidays Northeast Ohio organizations plan to observe as well as holiday parties, gift giving, and more ideas for the holiday season.
View the Results