Managers frequently fall short of success due to a lack of coaching in their management style. By incorporating coaching, managers are able to move past the basics of delegation and directing to become a manager who empowers employees to maximize their potential. In this full-day session, attendees will learn the basics of developmental coaching and how to apply the learning points and techniques in their style and with their team.
Key Learning Points:
- Defining employee zones
- Appraising employees relative to will and skill
- Identifying strengths, passions and weaknesses
- Planning and implementing successful coaching sessions
- Performance coaching versus developmental coaching (when to apply each)
- Recognizing and acting on opportunities to reinforce the development plans of direct reports
- Creating Individual Development Plans (IDP's) that incorporate strength-based models appropriately and effectively
This class is approved for 5.5 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification through the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM). This class has been approved for 5.5 (general) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).