Even the most productive managers can fall short of success without good employee coaching skills. Unlike traditional methods, developmental coaching takes a holistic approach, uncovering the root of individual shortcomings and equipping staff with the skills to overcome challenges on their own.
In this training, managers will learn about employee zones and when to apply performance and developmental coaching techniques to their leadership style.
Participants will also learn how to:
- Appraise employees relative to will and skill
- Identify employee strengths, passions, and challenges
- Plan and implement successful coaching sessions
- Recognize and act on opportunities to reinforce the development plans of direct reports
- Create Individual Development Plans (IDP's) that incorporate strength-based models appropriately and effectively
This class is approved for 5.5 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification through the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM). This class has been approved for 5.5 (general) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).