Managers frequently fall short of success due to a lack of coaching in their management style. By incorporating coaching, managers are able to move past the basics of delegation and directing to become a manager who empowers employees to maximize their potential.
In this full-day session, attendees will learn the basics of developmental coaching and how to apply the learning points and techniques in their style and with their team.
Key Learning Points:
- Defining employee zones
- Appraising employees relative to will and skill
- Identifying strengths, passions and weaknesses
- Planning and implementing successful coaching sessions
- Performance coaching versus developmental coaching (when to apply each)
- Recognizing and acting on opportunities to reinforce the development plans of direct reports
- Creating Individual Development Plans (IDPs) that incorporate strength-based models appropriately and effectively