Communication skills are essential for success in any workplace. Research shows that women often have different skills and communication styles than their male colleagues. Often times in the workplace women are not heard, are more likely to be interrupted, and if they do speak up they are often disliked for their assertiveness. This program focuses on building communication skills and competences that allow women to achieve in the workplace.
The session has been designed for both men and women in the workplace with the focus on understanding the role of gender in communication. Beginning with an overview describing difference in communications styles and how gender impacts communication, specific examples are included in how these differences impact teams and workplace dynamics. An assessment of each participant’s communication skills will be completed. A discussion of the strengths and opportunities revealed by the assessment will be included. The program will end with exercises designed to increase awareness and optimize communication skills to increase participants’ success in the workplace.
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
• Understand how communication is impacted by gender
• Discuss the importance of communication and how individual’s styles and skills impact workplace achievement differently for women than their male colleagues
• Identify strengths and opportunities regarding communication
• Recognize when and how to optimize communication
• Develop skills to improve communication in specific workplace situations
Save 15% with promo code 3ORMORE when you register three or more individuals for this course.
This class is approved for 2.75 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification through the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM). This class has been approved for 2.5 (general) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).