Mid-level leaders bridge the gap between management staff and senior leadership. These individuals must manage up and down, think strategically, and solve problems across departmental or divisional lines. This six-week comprehensive series includes assessments and one-on-one coaching that will enhance participants’ knowledge and experience and provide feedback for each stage of the journey. Attendees will learn about emotional intelligence, critical thinking and management skills, and how to coach, engage, and retain top talent.
Virtual Class session will be from 9:00 AM -11:30 AM and 12:30-3:00 PM (Lunch break from 11:30 AM-12:30 PM)
Are you an ERC member? Members get 10% off with code ERCMEMBER10.
Contact ERC for group pricing.
Make-Up Class & Refund Policies:
One (1) make-up class is allowed per participant for Series registrants only. To schedule a make-up class, participants must contact learning@yourERC.com for additional date options. The make-up class must be completed within six (6) months of the missed date. No refunds are issued for any guest who misses a training class.
Strategic Leadership Training
9/1/22 | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
In this course, we’ll explore the ways being a leader differs from being a manager. Making the transition from manager to strategic leader requires an adjustment to your standard way of thinking to one that is more critical and strategic. Attendees will learn the defining qualities of a strategic leader and how to position themselves. This course will help you:
- Define qualities of a strategic leader
- Discover models for strategic planning
- Think more strategically at your organization
- Align goals with the organization's business strategy
Emotional Intelligence/How We Manage Ourselves (includes MBTI Assessment)
9/15/22 | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Research shows that higher emotional intelligence correlates with higher leadership effectiveness. This two-part course is formulated for participants to learn and improve their emotional intelligence as it relates to leadership. The first part of this course focuses on the self-awareness portion of emotional intelligence and how we manage ourselves. On the first day, you will learn:
- Defining emotional intelligence
- Resilience and maintaining a positive attitude
- The relationship between "EQ" and "IQ"
- Emotionally intelligent behavior- a fresh standard for professionalism
- What research says about "keeping feelings out of the workplace"
Emotional Intelligence/How We Manage Our Relationships (includes DiSC Assessment)
9/29/22 | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
The second part of this course focuses on the awareness emotions play in working relationships. On the second day of this emotional intelligence session, you will learn:
- How one assesses their own EQ
- How to build trust with internal and external customers
- Practical methods for enhancing EQ in self and associates
- Emotional hijacks-– why associates sometimes "lose it"
- How the brain works to process emotions and partners with reason
Engaging & Retaining Your Talent
10/13/2022 | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
The war for talent is leading to challenges for HR professionals everywhere. Retaining and engaging talent are critical elements to your organization's success. Join ERC for a full-day training to discuss the war for talent, the impact of talent leaving the organization, how managers and leaders can create an engagement and retention focused environment, and more. Program takeaways include:
- Defining talent in today's workplace
- Impact of talent leaving the organization
- How generations affect today's workplace
- Why employees stay and leave an organization
- How managers and leaders can create an engagement and retention focused environment
Finance for the Non-Financial Professional
10/27/22 | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
One of the most critical competencies for any manager is financial literacy. It's central to the health of your organization – and to your individual performance – to understand how business decisions impact the bottom line. This session uses experiential learning based on Zodiak®: The Game of Business Finance and Strategy. Participants will learn how to:
- Track cash as it moves through the organization
- Read and understand financial statements
- Identify areas where individual contributions can be made
- Recognize the impact of pricing decisions on profitability
- Create a budget using basic planning techniques
Leader as Coach - Developing the Skills and Confidence to Coach Effectively
11/10/22 | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Great coaching skills are critical for today’s leaders. Coaching takes a holistic approach, uncovering the root challenges facing individuals and equipping and empowering staff with the skills to overcome challenges on their own. In this workshop, leaders will learn about the role of coaching as a leader and develop their skills as a coach with their teams. The workshop is highly interactive with the opportunity to develop skills, coach and be coached and set up strategies for ongoing personal development as well as the development of their teams .
Participants will learn:
- What coaching and when to use it
- How to plan and implement successful coaching sessions
- The critical skills needed and start to develop them
- Recognize and act on opportunities to reinforce the development plans of direct reports
- How to plan for their own ongoing development and support