ERC's Coaching & Assessment services are delivered by Don Kitson, Ph.D., who specializes in assisting organizations in professional, management and executive-level assessment, leadership development, and targeted effectiveness coaching.
ERC's coaching and assessment practice blends the credibility and expertise of a “big business” background with the personalized service that’s necessary to create and maintain positive behavior change with your key employees.
Our coaching services are designed to support your key employees in enhancing their communication, interpersonal, and leadership style to be more effective in their roles. Programs begin with an assessment of the individual’s leadership and interpersonal style through a battery of standardized personality, leadership, communication, needs and stress orientation measures. If appropriate, the initial assessment may also include a 360 feedback instrument.
Building on the objective platform created by the assessment results, the program is then targeted to the specific developmental needs of the individual being coached. Coaching is delivered via a series of face-to-face sessions scheduled on a weekly basis, focused on helping the individual develop more effective workplace behaviors.
360 Degree Feedback Assessment
ERC offers 360 Degree Feedback services that can be used to support your leadership development initiatives.
360 assessments offer the most direct and unobtrusive measure of an individual’s leadership skills. The primary reasons to engage in a 360 program include targeting a leader’s specific performance or behavioral challenge s, or as a general developmental tool or needs assessment.
360’s can be completed for one individual or for an entire leadership team. Our service features:
- On-line administration of a standardized tool, the Leadership Effectiveness Analysis (LEA) that assesses 22 leadership skill sets within the following categories: creating a vision, developing followership, implementing the vision, following through, achieving results, and team playing
- Evaluation completed by the leader’s boss(es), peers, direct reports, and a self-evaluation
- A comprehensive report detailing results for each of the 22 skill sets as compared to norms that represent data from over 55,000 leaders in the U.S.
- Expert interpretation and feedback completed by ERC Management Psychologist, Dr. Don Kitson
- Group feedback and comparison results provided for leadership teams
- Optional structured interviews with peers, direct reports, and boss(es) to gather examples of day-to-day behaviors related to the leader’s developmental areas
- Optional 3-month follow-up with the same participants, focused on assessing the leader’s progress to date