HR Project Support
ERC's experienced HR consultants can help you complete your HR projects efficiently and effectively. Here are a few of our specialties:
FLSA audit are conducted by reviewing job descriptions and incumbents’ salary levels to determine appropriate FLSA classification; provide a written report detailing each employee’s recommended status.
- ERC will review current, accurate job descriptions all positions to be reviewed.
- Only one job description will be reviewed for each position. Multiple versions of job descriptions for the same position will not be reviewed.
- ERC’s recommendations are based on the job content and salary information as presented by the client. ERC cannot take responsibility for inaccurate or incomplete information.
- Project deliverables include a summary report detailing ERC’s FLSA status recommendation for each position reviewed. Recommendations are reviewed with client at an on site meeting.
- ERC’s recommendations are based strictly on a qualified, experienced human resources perspective, not a bonafide legal opinion. In some cases, ERC may recommend that the client consult legal counsel prior to implementing changes to a position’s FLSA status.
On-Site HR Audit
ERC will conduct a cursory review of human resource practices to assess the general compliance level of the company’s human resource function. The on-site audit will be conducted with respect to applicable federal and State of Ohio employment laws and commonly accepted industry best practices in the areas stated below:
- Employee Records and Files
- Recruitment and Staffing Procedures
- Pay Practices and Pay Rates
- Performance Management Practices
- Job Documentation
- Benefit Practices
- Employee Policies
Information will be gathered via an in-person meeting with the project contact and an on-site document review. ERC will provide recommendations for addressing any compliance concerns and will outline its findings in a written summary report that highlights strengths, identifies areas of concern, and provides recommendations for improving your organization’s HR practices. Assistance in implementing these recommendations is available on an as needed basis and would be outlined as a separate project.
Job Description reviews focus on:
- Designing/updating a job description template
- Creating a Position Analysis Questionnaire
- Collecting required job documentation
- Redrafting a job description for each position and classifying all jobs in compliance with proper FLSA status.