5S training helps organizations manage efficiency in work areas to improve productivity, safety, and efficiency.
5S training teaches participants how to organize a work space for efficiency and effectiveness by identifying and storing the items used, maintaining the area and items, and sustaining the new order.
The decision-making process usually comes from a dialogue about standardization which builds a clear understanding among employees of how work should be done. It also instills ownership of the process in each employee.
The 5Ss include:
- Sorting: Segregate necessary materials from unnecessary materials
- Systematizing: Organize work equipment, tools, etc. to make work easily accessible
- Sweeping: Everyone takes part in cleaning the work environment to reduce problems
- Sanitizing: Make sure the work environemnt is cleaned and safe for employees
- Self Discipline: Ensure self discipline among all employees to drive productivity
Where is 5S training delivered?
ERC delivers 5S training at your organization for groups of employees. We work with you to customize the training solution to make sure it is the best possible experience for your employees and meets your organization's goals.