Emotional intelligence training increases a leader's capacity for effectively recognizing and managing their own emotions and the emotions of their employees.
The course content looks at the far-reaching implications of what can happen when an established culture of emotional intelligence is present, and how it can cultivate personal excellence as well as enhanced profitability. Knowledge of emotional intelligence and living the concepts are essential for improved customer service—both internal and external.
Participants will walk away with the practical knowledge and specific criteria for improving an employee's emotional intelligence as well as having the concrete strategies for cultivating emotional intelligence in themselves and others.
Key Learning Points:
- Why bother with emotional intelligence?
- A logarithm for organizational climate related to increased profitability
- Is it possible to “keep feelings out of the workplace”?
- Emotionally intelligent behavior—a fresh standard for professionalism
- Emotional intelligence as the “make it or break it” factor: lawsuits, promotions, orientation, and retention
- How the brain works to process emotions and partner with reason
- Why your associates sometimes “lose it”—emotional hijacks
- Practical methods for enhancing emotional intelligence in self and associates
- Why companies should hire the most emotionally intelligent job candidate
- How to screen for emotional intelligence in an interview
Who should attend Emotional Intelligence training:
Business leaders, mangers, top performers, emerging leaders within your organization. Anyone who wants to better manage their own emotions, strengths and skills, or the emotions and skills of their employees.
What are the options for delivering this training?
ERC delivers Emotional Intelligence training in a variety of methods, including at our training center in Ohio through Mid-Level Leadership Series, at your organization, and in webinar format. Check out the full details of our delivery methods below.