ERC offers Employment Law training options for both HR audiences and general management/supervisory needs.
What courses are available?
- Employment Law for HR Professionals: This course addresses basic employment laws HR professionals encounter daily.
- Employment Law for Supervisory/Management Professionals: This seminar is designed to provide managers and supervisors with an overview of relevant employment law considerations and to support a proactive, positive work environment. Presented in an interactive style, this seminar can be customized to specific topic areas desired by the employer.
Key Learning Points:
- Review of relevant legal landscape
- Discussion of developing effective documentation
- Consideration of employee selection issues (e.g.,appropriate interview questions,screening criteria, FCRA, IRCA)
- Understanding of ways to maintain and encourage a professional workplace environment including prevention and management of complaints of unlawful workplace discrimination, harassment, and bullying
- Conversation of effective performance management including performance appraisal and corrective action/coaching/discipline
- Effective management of employee leaves of absence (e.g., FMLA, ADA)
- Discussion of miscellaneous employment law issues as appropriate to the audience (e.g., contents of various employment files of the organization’s employees; workplace violence; substance abuse; considerations in employment at will)
- Review of the FLSA including overtime, proper employee classification, and prevention of common employer violations
What are the options for delivering this training?
ERC delivers Employment Law training in a variety of methods, including at our training center in Ohio through Supervisory Series, at your organization, and as a webinar. Check out the details of our delivery methods below.