You know that Lean Manufacturing tools and concepts help to improve flow and reduce waste on your shop floor. But did you know that administrative functions account for 60-80% percent of the cost of meeting customer demand?
Too often, organizations ignore the waste and delays built into non-manufacturing processes. Administrative inefficiencies can be more difficult to see than those in the manufacturing process and bottlenecks are not as obvious as they are on the shop floor.
Still, high performance manufacturers require smart offices just as they require smart production processes. They’ve learned that many of the same tools and concepts get them the same benefits with their office, administrative, and customer service processes as they’ve gotten with their manufacturing processes.
Companies have reported reducing order processing time by 30% after implementing Lean Office tools. Others have successfully cut an average of 20% of the time, effort, or costs associated with their processes. Most importantly, all of this results in improved customer satisfaction.
As you look at your own administrative processes, do you see any of the following problems? If so, Lean Office training could improve your results substantially and quickly.
- Customers calling frequently asking where their orders are or when will be ready for delivery
- Quotes and proposals take a long time to get developed. You experience low success rates on your bids
- Important invoices not getting paid in a timely way
- Poor communication and inflexibility is slowing down processes
- You are missing on-time delivery
- Order processing and billing is negatively impacting your cash flow
Key Learning Points:
- How to plan and prioritize which processes to tackle
- Identifying and eliminating waste in administrative processes
- Lean thinking in administrative processes
- Creating current state and future state process maps
- Identifying process problems and opportunities
- Establishing an improvement plan
- Establishing and sustaining administrative process improvement teams
Where is this training delivered?
ERC delivers Lean Office training at your organization for groups of employees.