There is a vast difference between being an expert on a topic/subject area and being a trusted advisor in that same area.
Customers—whether internal or external—not only want to rely on someone’s knowledge for help and assistance, but they also want to be able to count on their trust, support, encouragement, insight, and understanding.
In this insightful, meaningful, and practical workshop, participants will explore how to more effectively communicate, collaborate, and cultivate relationships with customers in order to help those customers achieve individual, team, and/or organizational goals and objectives.
Key Learning Points:
- Understand how Trusted Advisors in an organization function as a source of valued advice and support
- Discuss the key differences between being viewed as an “Expert” versus a “Trusted Advisor”
- Explore the professional advantages to becoming a Trusted Advisor within an organization (knowledge gain, skill building, reputation enhancement, and career advancement)
- Discuss how to build credibility with customers (internal and external)
- Explore the process of establishing trust with clients, as well as how to reflect/display empathy for client problems or challenges
- Review critical strategies for communication and interpersonal relationship development between the advisor and the client
What are the options for delivering this training?
ERC can deliver Becoming a Trusted Advisor training at your organization for large groups of employees in classroom style or in webinar format. Check out the full details of our delivery methods below.