Human beings are consistently, routinely, and profoundly biased. And, we are not only profoundly biased, but we almost never know we are being biased.
This interactive session is designed to help attendees enhance their understanding of and recognize unconscious bias (often also called hidden or implicit bias).
Learning to identify unconscious bias is a first step to reducing such bias in the workplace. In a workplace setting, unawareness of bias can lead to incorrect, inappropriate, and even unlawful decisions about hiring, performance management, promotion, and termination.
It can also lead to interpersonal conflicts in day-to-day interactions. Raising awareness of unconscious bias can be a significant step in advancing diversity and inclusion in the workplace
What will be covered?
- Understanding unconscious bias and its impact
- Tools to increase awareness of unconscious bias
- Interviewing trends and tips
- Behavioral interview preparation, conduction, evaluation, and follow-up
- Measuring and evaluating hiring efforts