Communication skills are essential for success in any workplace. Research shows that women often have different skills and communication styles than their male colleagues.
Often times in the workplace women are not heard, are more likely to be interrupted, and if they do speak up they are often disliked for their assertiveness. This program focuses on building communication skills and competences that allow women to achieve in the workplace.
The session begins with an overview of the research that describes difference in communications styles and how gender impacts communication. An assessment of each participant’s communication skills will be completed. A discussion of the strengths and opportunities revealed by the assessment will be included. The program will end with exercises designed to increase awareness and optimize communication skills to increase participants’ success in the workplace.
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Understand how communication is impacted by gender
- Discuss the importance of communication and how individual’s styles and skills impact workplace achievement differently for women than their male colleagues
- Identify strengths and opportunities regarding communication
- Recognize when and how to optimize communication
- Develop skills to improve communication in specific workplace situations
Who Should Attend
This offering has been designed for women in the workplace.