Now that millions of people are working from home, there is a greater need to create structure within daily routines.
While working from home offers convenience and flexibility, it also requires discipline, healthy boundaries, and a productive workspace. A delicate balance must be achieved where individuals can fulfill the demands and commitments of work and still enjoy their home life.
This training prepares leaders, managers, and employees to work remotely in an efficient way. Attendees will learn how to manage their time, set up an effective workspace, work through minor technology issues, maintain a healthy work/life balance, and create a positive mental focus when connecting with others digitally.
Key Learning Points
- Working remotely – and efficiently
- Learn how to set up an effective and ergonomically correct workspace, review tools employees can use with each other to stay connected, and ensure essential hardware/software is in place to have a productive workspace.
- Time management and productivity tips
- Learn how to block out days with an efficient work schedule, how to handle at-home distractions and potential family emergencies while working from home, defining healthy communication with your team, combating the need to be ‘always on,’ and more.
- Honing in on an acceptable work/life balance
- Understand boundaries and how to create them with your work team – and your family. Learn tactics to de-stress and reduce anxiety from working in a limited space, and review the importance of thriving relationships, even if they are only digital at this time.
- Leading effective virtual meetings
- Learn strategies on how to portray authority and credibility, even in virtual settings. Participants will also review/refresh business etiquette and professionalism and have a better understanding of how to effectively facilitate an online team meeting.
What will participants learn from this training?
Time management and productivity tips
Who should attend Working From Home, But Not Alone training:
All managers, leaders, and employees who are working from their homes.
What are the options for delivering this training?
ERC delivers Working From Home, But Not Alone training in a variety of methods, including in webinar format and at your organization.